Thursday, September 12, 2013
I apologise in advance
that this will be a very, very
lengthy post. -_-
I didnt intend to blog about this
until the wedding is over,
mainly because i didnt want to jinx things
and true enough so many things
almost destroyed my dream wedding
on its finale week leading up to the date.
Where do i start?
Okay. With the bad first, i guess.
1) My hairstylist and makeup artist bailed on me 3 days before the wedding.
2) The bridal house that i rented some of my gowns, managed to take my new measurement for the gowns but failed to tell me that they were unable to change the 'Kuah' (my traditional Chinese wedding gown).
3) I had a gigantic bruise on my right arm, which was turning to a bright purplish black on my fair skin. -_-
4) I was on call non-stop the whole week for work by a very demanding client.
But we were so blessed.
Despite everything bad that we had to go thru
just to have the wedding was over.
1) If the hairstylist and makeup artist
didnt bail on me on the very last minute,
I wouldnt have met this other hair/makup artist
who made me so beautiful for my wedding day.
And best of all,
it was relatively cheaper
for our budget to hire her.
2) I managed to switch the bottom half of the 'Kuah'
into a smaller size although a different design
which could pass off as the same pair,
so i didnt have to look like
Santa Claus on my wedding day. -_-
3) There was always concealer
and filters on cameras now. haha
4) Nothing I could do but squeeze some time
in between entertaining my international guests,
preparing last min details for the wedding and go to work. -_-
And then theres the good stuff:
1) I had a friend who flew from China last min,
just to attend the wedding and I just HAD to make
some last min changes to make her my bridesmaid. :)
2) To all those that have travelled far: England, Netherlands, Australia, China, Singapore,
im so honored to have you all for your presence at our very special day.
3) I have the most helpful and understanding bridesmaids, groomsmen and wedding planner,
who wasnt all with me exactly from the start of the planning
but they were ALL there to help me from the start of the ceremony
till the very end. :)
4) I have the most wonderful wedding photographer and videographer,
which im so grateful for their authenticity and professionalism.
Best money well spent on!
Of course there were many hiccups
during the ceremony but we just played along and moved on,
no one could tell it wasnt planned. haha
And to my new husband,
who had effortlessly tried so hard
to keep me from stressing
He took over EVERYTHING
and just left me to beautify myself
& catchup with my friends.
All the designs at the wedding
were either customed or DIY-ed
and im so blessed to have him be
my personal wedding designer. :)
And of course, that lovely surprise
which he broke into an Elton John song
when we did our 'Thank You' speech.
Apparently the boy has been taking singing classes
and it seriously caught me off guard that i cried non-stop. -_- haha
To tell you the truth,
I dont know what people loved
about wedding planning
because it was the most horrible thing
we had to go thru as a couple
but I definitely miss the fact
that i wont be able to wear anymore gowns
or rather make an effort to look pretty. -_- haha
Now the golden question which EVERYONE
and i mean literally EVERYONE has been asking me
(and still is!) that how much weight ive lost
and how i did it.
That would all be in another lengthy post
that I will write another day. haha :)
Thanks again to all who made this
a fairytale wedding come true.
I hope you enjoyed yourselves just as
well as we did and made this totally amazing. :)
Lots of love, Mrs Sah. x
PS: Just a lil fact, we had to practice for days
just to get that pose right in that picture. haha :)